Sunday, June 8, 2008

Masih Kaamatan Fever?

Hey guys! Didn’t get to blog for quite some time cos bz betul with kaamatan and office work after kaamatan (haiii!). Just got back from thanksgiving party for Stacy, our very own champion for AF6. Lupa nak bawa camera, so got one of the aunties’ camera to get a snapshot of me and the girl with her famous phrase “Alamak…terlebih sudah!” She’s still the sweet, down-to-earth girl (pakai baju kadazan lagi with tangkong and himpogot full set. Go gurl!) I know since she was a little kid. I wish her all the best in her career and that she stays true to her roots.

I took quite some pics during the May Kaamatan celebration. But I’m a bit tired now (non-stop going out! Mansau saja sia ni. Cam mana mau jadi isteri yang perfect kan), so I’ll just post up some. This was taken in Kg. Kiau, and its location is in Kota Belud, just before Ranau. Kg. Kiau is the hometown of our Komulakan Chief, Ewon. The road there was in good condition (better than gravel!), but there were some sharp turns where it felt like we’re on a rollercoaster ride! The weather there was very cooling, like in Genting Highlands, and the girls had such fair skin it made me (with decidedly tanned skin+zits) green with envy! The setting for the event was fairly simple, but everyone genuinely had fun, and I was there in the 1st place was because I was asked to be one of the judges for the beauty contest hehe. There were only around 8 contestants, so it was pretty easy to choose the winner! Ewon the chief had too much to drink (I think he hasn’t master the skill of drinking yet!) and he said a lot of funny things to me and kept on asking me to sing on stage. Unfortunately, there wasn’t any lyrics book and I can’t remember a phrase or two of any songs that I know. But the chief was adamant and was like ‘I offer u RM50..no? ok…RM200…no? Right RM1000 it is!’ Crazy…how to sing when I don’t know the lyrics?! So yeah…we had fun and left the place around 7pm. By that time the crowd were either dancing, singing, drinking, or trying to find their way home in the dark hehe. The journey back took about 2 hours plus. My driver for the day (Mac, another fellow Komulakan) was so knackered that after sending me back he got some sleep in his land cruiser first before heading back to home sweet home. Kesian hehe. Well…that’s the way of celebration :)

Anyway, will post more pics soon. I gotta hit the hays now…long journey to Keningau tomorrow. My family and I will be going to my aunt's funeral. For those who read 2day's daily express newspaper, you'll see an obituary for the late jane suleiman. She died of breast cancer at the age of 41. She left behind a loving husband and 4 children. It's sad and scary at the same time, 'cos breast cancer can just strike anyone at any age at anytime, just like that. I pray for the family so that they will be able to get through this painful process with utmost patience and courage.


Gosh, from now on I'm really gonna take gud care of my 2's and do the monthly breast examination regularly. If any of you girls don't know the correct procedure, better check with yr doc and ask her to do a demo. No time to be shy2 now!


the lovely (and fair) girls and boys doing the traditional Kadazan dance, the Sumazau.

the 1st unduk ngadau (beauty queen) for kg. kiau 2008. Muda lagi ni...baru 16-17 yrs old!

these girls are still young but they are very confident and have the attitude. Wish them a bright and prosperous future ahead ;)

No comments: