Sunday, June 15, 2008

hidup sheilas!

Boys and girls, give a big round of applause to another successful performance by the sheilas! It should be our 8th since our formation in year 2006. It was raining cats and dogs when I was rushing to atlantis (where the performance was held) from work and I was worried that my three skirts will be drenched and crumpled by the time I got there. However, with the help of my trusted little pink umbrella, I managed to bring my skirts into the restaurant safe and sound! Guess where our changing/waiting room was? I’d bet you never guess where. Yup, it was in the good ol’ washroom hahaha! The manager of the restaurant made a small partition there so that we needn’t change in the loos. One of us needed to keep an eye to avoid cheeky Peeping Toms while the other was changing! So yeah, basically we did 3 types of dances – the opening dance, the hip-hop belly dance, and the traditional belly dance. During our opening, I guess people were hungry and couldn’t wait to get their hands on the food, so the crowd was a bit quiet. But, after a few drinks and a hearty dinner, they got more responsive and clapped their hands as loud as they could whenever we went on stage to do our next performance. For our 3rd and final dance, we got to wear our (new!) skirts and they’re really sexy with slits on both sides way up to our thighs (Elizabeth hurley style) hehehe. I never showed so much leg before and nearly tripped on my own skirt! And after our final dance, we got the guests to join in and all volunteers were girls (c’mon guys! Be more sporting la). Surprisingly, one cute little boy was willing to join in as well. When I approached his table, he was like, ‘No no, I don’t want!’. After much encouragement from his family, then he agreed. Hehe, I know he wanted to participate in the first place, but mau pura2 act malu dulu! And the strange thing was? Right after our performance, suddenly everyone wanted to go back home…and it was only 10 plus. My partner said that they stayed on just because of us hahahaha. Memang betul tu!

Oh, and I wanted to comment about this salon I went nearby my workplace to do my hair for the performance. It was the closest to my office and the display of the salon looked attractive from the outside, so I chose it in the last minute. And the result was good! Initially, I wanted to do the normal, straightened hair since I had limited time. But then I saw one of the salon girls whose hair was wavy at the ends (kinda like the wavy, tousled look) which looked really nice on her. I thought she had a permanent perm or digital perm or something. Instead, she said that she only used the straightening iron which she kinda ‘ironed’ the upper part of the hair and twisted the straightening iron at the ends to create that ‘not so curly’ relaxed look. I tried it and I love it! ‘cos your hair looks more natural and doesn’t look overdone. I seriously recommend this salon to you girls out there. For a wash (use own shampoo), blow and set just cost me RM18! And the salon girls there have really good, stylish haircuts, so I think they have a professional hairstylist too. If you wanna pay a visit, it’s just behind the Liza Way boutique (beside Proton shop) in Api2 Centre. The salon is actually connected to the boutique so it’s like a boutique-beauty salon business.

It’s the middle of June now…and no public holidays around the corner, and that goes for July too. Sigh…can’t wait for my probation period to end early next month, so I can redeem free skincare products from the company I work for to cheer me up!

getting ready for our hip-hop belly performance!

our new (and sexy!) skirts for final performance.i luv my skirt!!!

No comments: