Sunday, June 10, 2012

Oh Copycatism!

I've recently bought a belated birthday present for my friend (a baseball bat-like soft toy with a cute cartoon face from the Tokyo Street section in Pavillion KL shopping mall) and can't wait to see the happily surprised look on my friend's face as I was certain that it won't be available in KK.

Me: Here's your birthday pressie! Open it!
Friend: Okay! (opens wrapper) Wow it's really cute!!
Me: Yeah, it's cute isn't it? (grins broadly)
Friend: Yup, I saw them loads like this in City Mall*. I think they're really popular now! (Smiles)
Me: Argh! (groans inwardly)

Darn it to the power of copycatism...nothing is exclusive anymore. No more 'You can only get it in Paris' conversations whereby you say it with a smug look on your face and your listener looks at you with admiration and envy.

Ah well, at least my friend still likes it :p

*local mall which is only 40 minutes from my house



No comments: