Saturday, May 19, 2012

a day of joy and sadness

18th May 2012 is a joyful and sad day at the same time. The happy news is the birth of my cousin, Javier Messiah @ Messie (his older bro's nickname is Kaka hehe). Unfortunately, it is also the day my stepmom took her final breath in this world. It was expected but shocking that the day for her to go was so soon as she was only sick for barely 2 months. Everyday I was hoping that her health will improve bit by bit, but lung cancer is clearly hard to treat and it spreads to the whole body so fast it's like a snap of the finger, just like that,

My stepmom wasn't the stereotyped Evil Stepmother. She was kind,selfless, and treated my mom like her sister and me like her daughter since the day I first visited her when I was 12 years old. So I felt sad that she had to go but I'm sure that she had done her part as a loving wife, caring mother, and a good friend.

There is a saying, "When somebody dies, in a place nearby a baby is born." Looks like you can't get more accurate than that.

Dear stepmom, you will be dearly missed and that I will always pray for you.

No comments: